1. Insomnia – Toxin build up (especially estrogen buildup) is a common cause of insomnia. If you find it difficult to sleep at night, it is time to look into a liver cleanse. Insomnia is linked with liver problems. As part of your liver cleanse drink the juices of cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower.
2. Headaches- Everyone gets headaches, and they are a total pain. However, chronic headaches that always seem to come back may be a sign of toxins in the body. “The major cause of both tension headaches and migraines is the retention of toxins or tissue irritants within the central nervous system.” (Source)
3. Lethargy- Much of what we eat tends to bring us up with a sugar high. Later in the day, many crash, causing them to feel tired or lethargic. High amounts of toxins in the body causes it to work less efficiently. This also causes lack of energy. (Source)
4. Skin Problems – If there is a buildup of toxins in the body, the skin will try to help in removing them. “If the main organs of elimination are not working effectively then the skin will step in to help. The skin then tries to help eliminate the toxins by allowing the toxins to come out through as skin rashes or skin conditions.” (Source) Thus, many skin conditions are signs that the body needs a flush.
5. Feeling Hot- One of the body’s natural ways to get rid of some toxins is to sweat them out. This doesn’t work for all toxins, but it does work for some. The body knows that there is a toxin buildup and it overheats itself to try to sweat the toxins out.